Welcome to my website:

Hello everyone, my name is Jose and my callsing is WA8S. I started in the hobby of comunications in 1985 in the Citizen Band (CB) where I learned about the radio already in 1992 I decided to get my ham radio license and from the hand of Mr. Antonio Torres WP4Z (SK). I get my novice license with the indicative WP4KXI degree in which I was 10 years. As my license expires and I decide to renew some friends they invite me to go up in category so I decide to study and in 2002 I get my Technician license, then I continue in the studies and I get my General license and in 2003 I get the Extra Class license. Here by automatic selection of the FCC change my callsign to WP3S. in 2015 I moved to the state of Ohio and changed to my current callsing WA8S . What catches my attention about this hobby is The DX, I also dedicate myself to working special event stations since I collect this type of cards (paper hunter). My favorites are the 1 x 1 callsign, example K1A, W6C, K2M ect. in addition to the certificates that many of these events include.am member of various clubs and groups such as ARRL, INDEXA,True Blue DXers Club plus others groups. I am a founding member of the Western Amateur Radio Club NP3M. This is a short story about myself in the hobby of amateur radio. Thank you for visiting my website.

notice to all visitors:

The purpose of this page is to present a qsl`s cards and certificates therefore teach and motivate that within amateur radio there are various things to do. I like many collect qsl`s but I learn towards qsl` s of special events, many of these events celebrate various things like festivals, remember important and/or historicals events, commemorations ect etc. There are also events such as contests such as the 13 original colonies, the museum ship weekend, the route 66 special event and many more that are celebrated annually and of which many of them have certificates that are obtained by making contact. personally I think that many of these events go unnoticed and many just believe that the great contests are the only thing there is and it is not like that. many special stations are on the air and not only is the card collected but also one learns from many things that one does not know about history, for example, did you know that in South Carolina in 1958 it was left drop an atomic bomb by accident? Or did you know that on November 18, 1958 a ship called CARL D.BRADLEY sank off the coast of Michigan where 33 people died, only 2 survived and only 15 bodies were recovered? Maybe you didn't know, neither did I. I learned it through special events remembering these events. In the photo gallery you will find the N4B and W8CDB qsl`s which recall these 2 events respectively, so I only intend to serve as motivation. Thank you all for visiting this website created only with the intention of teaching but above all to motivate. 73`s de jose WA8S

Etiquetas

La lista de etiquetas está vacía.